Dogs and cats can experience a wide range of skin conditions. Veterinary dermatology treats common skin conditions and pet allergies, addressing both the underlying cause of your pet’s discomfort as well as providing immediate relief from painful symptoms.
If your pet is frequently itching, scratching, or biting their skin, they may be suffering from an allergy or underlying skin condition. At Riverside Vet, our skilled veterinarians and vet techs have experience treating a variety of pet allergies and skin conditions. Our advanced diagnostic tests make it easier for our veterinary care team to precisely identify the skin condition affecting your pet and take immediate steps to relieve your pet’s pain and discomfort.
Our Pet Dermatology Treatments
At Riverside Vet, we provide a variety of tests and remedies. Some of the procedures we use are:
- Skin and ear cytology (cellular analysis to check for infections and causes of inflammation)
- Skin scrapings (sampling of skin cells to test for parasitic mites)
- Skin biopsies
- Prescription diets and food trials
- Medicated shampoo and mousse
- Parasite preventatives and flea removal treatments